← NewsAll
Measles exposure flagged at Montreal Children's Hospital ER
Summary
Montreal Children's Hospital says people in its pediatric emergency department on Jan. 1 between 12:18 p.m. and 11:01 p.m. may have been exposed to measles; the incubation period is reported as Jan. 6–22.
Content
The Montreal Children's Hospital has issued a warning about a possible measles exposure in its pediatric emergency department. The hospital said the potential exposure occurred in Glen B Block, Level S1, on Jan. 1 between 12:18 p.m. and 11:01 p.m. Public health officials recorded Quebec's first measles outbreak in months in December 2025, with cases identified in Montreal. The hospital described measles as a highly contagious virus that spreads through the air and listed common symptoms.
Known details:
- The potential exposure timeframe is Jan. 1, 12:18 p.m. to 11:01 p.m., in the pediatric emergency (Glen B Block, Level S1).
- The hospital reported the incubation period for anyone exposed as Jan. 6–22.
- The hospital listed common measles symptoms as fever, cough, runny nose, conjunctivitis and a widespread rash.
- The hospital reported that people are considered immune if they have received two doses of the measles vaccine or if they were born in 1970 or later.
- The hospital asked that people who are not immune, whose immune status is uncertain, or who are immunocompromised contact their health-care provider or call Info‑Santé at 811, and noted exposed people should avoid contact with infants under one year, pregnant people and people with weakened immune systems.
Summary:
Officials reported a possible exposure in the pediatric emergency department on Jan. 1 and linked it to recent measles activity in Montreal. The hospital announced the incubation window for exposed individuals as Jan. 6–22 and asked those it described as non-immune or immunocompromised to contact a health-care provider or Info‑Santé (811); further public health follow-up was reported in connection with the December outbreak.
Sources
Alberta's measles case count topped 2,000 last year, and the outbreak is not over yet | CBC News
CBC News1/7/2026, 8:44:55 PMOpen source →
Montreal Children's Hospital warns of possible measles exposure in its ER on Jan. 1
The Montreal Gazette1/6/2026, 7:20:44 PMOpen source →
3 health facilities in southern Manitoba sites of latest measles exposures | CBC News
CBC News1/6/2026, 6:49:10 PMOpen source →
Measles exposure flagged at Montreal Children's Hospital ER | CBC News
CBC News1/6/2026, 6:05:20 PMOpen source →
