← NewsAll
Nick Reiner's arraignment is delayed after his lawyer withdraws.
Summary
Nick Reiner's arraignment was postponed to Feb. 23 after his lawyer, Alan Jackson, withdrew and asked to be replaced by a public defender; the judge approved the change.
Content
Nick Reiner's planned arraignment in the deaths of his parents was postponed after his lawyer withdrew from the case. Attorney Alan Jackson told the court he was withdrawing with Reiner's understanding and consent and asked that a public defender take over, at least temporarily. The judge approved the change of counsel and set a new arraignment date for Feb. 23. A Reiner family spokesperson said they trust the legal process and will not comment further.
Court developments:
- Alan Jackson announced in court that he was withdrawing as Reiner's counsel and asked to be relieved, saying the decision was made with Reiner's understanding and consent.
- The judge approved the change of counsel and postponed the arraignment to Feb. 23.
- Jackson had been retained soon after Reiner's arrest and has represented high-profile clients in the past.
- A Reiner family spokesperson told the New York Times they "have the utmost trust in the legal process" and will not comment further.
Summary:
The immediate effect is a delay of the arraignment until Feb. 23 and a switch to new counsel, potentially a public defender at least temporarily. Undetermined at this time.
