← NewsAll
George R.R. Martin Teases More Game of Thrones Spinoffs After 16-Year Delay
Summary
George R.R. Martin said there are more Tales of Dunk and Egg stories to tell but that finding time to write and publish them is the main constraint; a fourth novella was previously given the working title The She-Wolves of Winterfell.
Content
George R.R. Martin spoke on HBO Max's A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms companion podcast ahead of the show's premiere and discussed plans for further Tales of Dunk and Egg stories. He said he believes there are many more episodes in the duo's story but that the main issue is finding the time to write and publish them. The three previously published Dunk and Egg novellas appeared in 1998, 2003 and 2010. HBO adapted the material as A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which premieres on January 18, and the series has already been renewed for a second season.
Key points:
- Martin said there are more Dunk and Egg stories to tell but that time is the limiting factor.
- The existing Dunk and Egg novellas are The Hedge Knight (1998), The Sworn Sword (2003) and The Mystery Knight (2010).
- A 2015 blog post gave a working title for a fourth novella, The She-Wolves of Winterfell.
- Martin has said he is co-developing multiple Game of Thrones sequel and prequel projects.
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms season 1 premieres January 18, and season 2 was renewed early.
Summary:
Martin's remarks indicate he still plans additional Dunk and Egg stories, though their publication timing depends on his availability. How soon new novellas or related screen adaptations will appear is undetermined at this time.
