← NewsAll
Mississauga man wins $1 million after 40 years of playing
Summary
Vincenzo Spagnolo, a 69-year-old Mississauga man, won a $1 million Maxmillions prize in the Dec. 23 Lotto Max draw after about 40 years of playing and collected the prize at the OLG Prize Centre.
Content
A 69-year-old man from Mississauga discovered a $1 million lottery win over the Christmas period. He had been playing the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation draws for about four decades and this was his first major prize. He checked the ticket at home on Christmas Day and shared the news with family before collecting the winnings at a Toronto prize centre.
Known details:
- Winner: Vincenzo Spagnolo, 69, of Mississauga.
- Prize: $1 million Maxmillions prize from the Dec. 23 Lotto Max draw; he realized the win on Christmas Day.
- Playing history: He had been a loyal OLG player for about 40 years and this was his first big win.
- Ticket purchase: The winning ticket was bought at Rabba Fine Foods on Heatherleigh Avenue in Mississauga.
- Reaction and collection: He checked the ticket at home, was with family when they learned of the win, and collected the prize at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
- Plans: He said he will invest a portion of the winnings and take a family trip to Japan and the Philippines.
Summary:
The win ends a roughly 40-year run of playing without a major prize and provides Spagnolo with funds he said he will partly invest. He also plans to use some of the winnings for a family trip to Japan and the Philippines.
