← NewsAll
Coquitlam students face third day of 'hold and secure'
Summary
Several Coquitlam schools were placed under 'hold and secure' on Friday after a called-in threat; the district said the measure was precautionary and the protocols were lifted by 1 p.m., while RCMP are investigating alleged threats.
Content
Several schools in Coquitlam, B.C., were placed under "hold and secure" on Friday after administrators reported a called-in threat. The schools affected included Centennial Secondary, Vanier Centre and Goal Oriented Alternative Learning. The Coquitlam School District described the action as a precautionary measure. By 1 p.m., the district posted that the emergency protocols had been lifted.
Known details:
- Multiple Coquitlam schools were placed under "hold and secure" after a called-in threat.
- The district described the measures as precautionary and reported the protocols were lifted by 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Coquitlam RCMP said they are working with the school district to investigate the alleged threats; this is the third consecutive day of similar disruptions.
Summary:
The incidents led to repeated short-term disruptions at the named schools. RCMP are investigating the alleged threats and are coordinating with the school district; further procedural steps are undetermined at this time.
