← NewsAll
Music executive L.A. Reid settles with ex-recording executive over assault claims
Summary
Antonio "L.A." Reid reached a confidential settlement with former Arista executive Drew Dixon, ending a Manhattan federal court lawsuit that had been set for trial.
Content
Antonio "L.A." Reid and former Arista Records executive Drew Dixon reached a confidential settlement on Monday. Dixon had sued Reid under New York's Adult Survivors Act, alleging sexual assault and that her career was harmed after she rebuffed advances she says occurred in 2001. The settlement was reached the same day jury selection was scheduled to begin in Manhattan federal court. Reid's lawyer said the matter was resolved without any admission of liability.
Key facts:
- Drew Dixon filed the lawsuit in 2023 under the Adult Survivors Act and publicly described alleged assaults from 2001 and subsequent career consequences.
- The parties reached a confidential settlement on the day jury selection was to begin, so the trial did not proceed as scheduled.
- Reid's attorney stated the case was resolved without any admission of liability.
- Dixon said she plans to return to making music and described the litigation as an arduous process.
Summary:
The confidential settlement resolves the lawsuit that had been set for trial and limits public details about the agreement; Reid's lawyer said there was no admission of liability. Undetermined at this time.
