← NewsAll
Disney ends Australia sailings with final Sydney cruise set for February 2
Summary
Disney Cruise Line will make its last departure from Sydney Harbour on February 2, ending its Australia sailings; company comments said Australia and New Zealand remain under consideration but no itineraries beyond the 2026/2027 season have been released.
Content
Disney Cruise Lines will make its final departure from Sydney Harbour on February 2, marking the end of its Australia sailings. The service began in November 2023 and the company announced last year that it would be wrapping up operations from the region. A Disney representative told media that sailings from Australia and New Zealand remain on the list for future consideration, but itineraries beyond the 2026/2027 season have not been released. Reports say the nearest Disney cruise option for Australians will now be based out of Singapore.
Reported details:
- The final Disney Cruise Line sailing from Sydney Harbour is scheduled for February 2.
- Disney began Australia sailings in November 2023 and announced the closure last year.
- A company representative said Australia and New Zealand remain under consideration, but no itineraries have been released beyond the 2026/2027 season.
- Reports cited higher prices compared with other cruise lines operating from Sydney as a factor in the decision.
- Fans posted disappointment online, with some saying they would not return unless Disney resumed Australian sailings and others noting Singapore as the closest cruise base.
- Disney executives have said Australia does not have the same base population as locations where parks exist, and current Disney parks include sites in the United States, Japan, France, Hong Kong, Shanghai and plans announced elsewhere.
Summary:
The announcement prompted disappointment among some fans and renewed discussion about the possibility of a permanent Disney park in Australia, while company comments stressed that future itineraries have not been released. Undetermined at this time.
