← NewsAll
Take That's story told by the band in new Netflix series
Summary
Members of Take That say a three-part Netflix documentary, available 27 January, uses unseen footage and new interviews to present the band's 35-year history from Manchester to international success.
Content
Take That's members say they wanted to tell their story in their own way ahead of a new Netflix documentary. The three-part series traces the band's early beginnings in Manchester and their rise to global pop success. It includes never-before-seen footage and interviews with Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen. The episodes are scheduled to appear on Netflix on Tuesday 27 January.
Key details:
- The documentary is presented in three parts and is described by a band member as running about three hours in total.
- It features new interviews with Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen alongside archival material not previously seen.
- Howard Donald provided camcorder tapes and old diaries covering the 1990s through 2015 that were used in the production.
- Donald said the second episode was hard to watch because it revisited feelings from the band's break-up, and he added he would not change a thing about the last 35 years.
- The film highlights the group's sold-out shows, 12 UK No.1 singles and more than 45 million records sold worldwide.
Summary:
The series presents the band's perspective on their three-decade career and intends to offer a more representative account than some past headlines. It brings together personal memories, archival footage and new interviews to reflect on early years, major successes and internal moments. Episodes will be available on Netflix on 27 January.
