← NewsAll
Five-year-old boy and father return to Minnesota after ICE detention
Summary
A five-year-old boy and his father who had been detained by US immigration authorities have returned to Minnesota after being released from the Dilley detention center in Texas, a congressman said; a US judge ordered their release on Saturday.
Content
A five-year-old boy and his father who had been detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) have returned to Minnesota, a congressman said. Representative Joaquin Castro announced that Liam Conejo Ramos and his father Adrian Alexander Conejo Arias were released from the Dilley detention center in Texas and traveled back to the city. Their detention prompted protests and national attention. A US judge ordered their release and criticized the detention.
Reported facts:
- The pair named by Representative Joaquin Castro are Liam Conejo Ramos and his father Adrian Alexander Conejo Arias.
- They were released from the Dilley detention center in Texas and returned to Minnesota.
- A US judge ordered their release on Saturday and criticized the detention.
- Their detention had prompted protests and a wider public response.
Summary:
The immediate impact is that the child and his father have been released and have returned to Minnesota, ending their detention. A US judge ordered their release and criticized the detention. Undetermined at this time.
