← NewsAll
Suffolk strangler admits sixth murder
Summary
Steve Wright has pleaded guilty to the 1999 murder of 17-year-old Victoria Hall and to the attempted kidnap of Emily Doherty; he is already serving a whole life sentence for five other murders. Mr Justice Bennathan has said Wright will be sentenced on Friday at the Old Bailey so Victoria's family can attend and submit victim impact statements.
Content
Steve Wright entered guilty pleas at the Old Bailey to the 1999 kidnap and murder of 17-year-old Victoria Hall and to an attempted kidnap of Emily Doherty. The change of plea came on the first day of a trial that had been due to start in London. Wright, 67, is already serving a whole life prison order and is being held at HMP Long Lartin. The court has scheduled sentencing to take place on Friday.
Court outcome and status:
- Wright pleaded guilty to Victoria Hall's kidnap and murder from 19 September 1999 and to the attempted kidnap of Emily Doherty, who was then 22.
- He remains in custody and is serving a whole life sentence for five earlier murder convictions.
- Mr Justice Bennathan said sentencing will be held on Friday to allow Victoria's family and other affected people to attend and submit victim impact statements.
Summary:
Sentencing is scheduled for Friday and the hearing will include victim impact statements from Victoria Hall's family and others. Beyond that, other procedural matters are not reported in this account.
