← NewsAll
Teen admits killing five-year-old and told police he was 'bored'.
Summary
Erik Mendoza pleaded guilty in Milwaukee to the 2023 killing of five-year-old Prince McCree and said in a police interview he attacked because he was 'bored.' Mendoza faces life in prison and has a sentencing hearing set for June 5.
Content
An 18-year-old man has pleaded guilty to the killing of a five-year-old boy in Milwaukee in October 2023. Erik Mendoza entered guilty pleas to first-degree intentional homicide and related charges on Monday. Authorities say Mendoza was 15 when the killing occurred and later told police he had been "bored." A co-defendant in the case has already pleaded guilty and received a life sentence.
Known details:
- The death occurred on October 25, 2023, in Milwaukee; the victim was identified as five-year-old Prince McCree.
- Mendoza pleaded guilty to first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse, and three counts of reckless endangerment; he was 15 at the time and is now 18.
- In a police interview Mendoza said he had wanted to stab someone and he also admitted to stabbing three other people that day.
- Co-defendant David Pietura Jr previously pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Mendoza's sentencing hearing is scheduled for June 5, and he faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Summary:
The guilty plea resolves the criminal charges against Mendoza in the 2023 death of a five-year-old child. Authorities reported Mendoza told police he was "bored" and admitted to other stabbings on the same day. Mendoza is scheduled to be sentenced on June 5 and faces life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. The co-defendant has already been sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.
