← NewsAll
Israeli strikes kill at least 10 and wound 24 in Lebanon
Summary
The Lebanese health ministry said at least 10 people were killed and 24 wounded in Israeli strikes in the eastern Bekaa valley; security sources reported that Hezbollah leader Hussein Yaghi was killed and his funeral is set for Saturday.
Content
Lebanese authorities reported that Israeli strikes in the eastern Bekaa valley killed at least 10 people and wounded 24, including three children. Israel said it had hit what it described as Hezbollah command centres in the area. Two security sources told Reuters that senior Hezbollah figure Hussein Yaghi was killed and Hezbollah media said his funeral is set for Saturday. The strikes come amid a period of recurring Israeli airstrikes in Lebanon since a 2024 ceasefire.
Known details:
- The Lebanese health ministry reported at least 10 dead and 24 wounded in strikes in the eastern Bekaa valley.
- Two security sources reported that Hezbollah senior leader Hussein Yaghi was killed; Hezbollah media announced a funeral scheduled for Saturday.
- Earlier on Friday, an Israeli strike hit the Ain el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp in Sidon, where two people were reported killed and Hamas said two of its members died while disputing that a "Hamas command centre" was struck.
Summary:
The reported strikes resulted in multiple civilian casualties and the reported death of a senior Hezbollah figure, contributing to heightened tensions in the region. Emergency crews were reported to be searching damage at strike sites. Hezbollah has announced a funeral for Hussein Yaghi on Saturday. The further course of events is undetermined at this time.
