← NewsAll
Chiefs acknowledge social media allegations involving Rashee Rice.
Summary
The Kansas City Chiefs said on Jan. 7 they are aware of social media allegations of domestic violence involving Rashee Rice and are in communication with the NFL; Rice has not been charged.
Content
The Kansas City Chiefs said on Jan. 7 they are aware of allegations circulating on social media alleging domestic violence and are communicating with the National Football League. The statement followed a public Instagram post by a former partner and did not name the individual. The team said it had no further comment. Rashee Rice has not been charged in connection with the woman's allegations and was previously suspended for six games of the 2025 season after a March 2024 car crash.
What is known:
- The Chiefs issued a statement on Jan. 7 saying they are aware of social media allegations and are in communication with the NFL.
- The public Instagram post that prompted the statement was made on Jan. 7 by a former partner; the team’s release did not name anyone.
- Rashee Rice has not been charged in connection with the alleged incident.
- Rice was previously suspended for the first six games of the 2025 regular season related to a March 2024 high-speed car crash.
Summary:
The team's statement indicates the club and the NFL have been notified and are engaged; Rice has not been charged. Undetermined at this time.
Sources
Chiefs, NFL aware of abuse allegations made by mother of Rashee Rice's children
The New York Times1/8/2026, 5:49:51 PMOpen source →
More off-field drama involving Chiefs' WR Rashee Rice
Touchdown Wire1/8/2026, 12:18:16 PMOpen source →
Chiefs release statement amid allegations against Rashee Rice
USA Today1/8/2026, 2:44:12 AMOpen source →
