← NewsAll
Wisconsin teen Nikita Casap accepts plea deal in parents' deaths
Summary
Nikita Casap pleaded guilty Jan. 8 to two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the February 2025 deaths of his parents; a sentencing hearing is set for March 5.
Content
An 18-year-old Wisconsin man, Nikita Casap, pleaded guilty on Jan. 8 to two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the February 2025 deaths of his parents. The plea ended a case that had been scheduled for trial in early March. In exchange for the guilty pleas, eight other felony counts were dismissed but will be considered at sentencing. A sentencing hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on March 5 before Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Ralph Ramirez.
Known details:
- Casap entered guilty pleas Jan. 8 to two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in connection with his parents' deaths in February 2025.
- A sentencing hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on March 5, when the judge will decide the terms of any punishment.
- In exchange for the pleas, eight other felony counts were dismissed but remain available for consideration during sentencing.
- The district attorney said she plans to seek the maximum sentence of life in prison with no release under extended supervision.
Summary:
The plea moves the state case directly to sentencing, where the judge will set penalties and may consider the dismissed counts. The district attorney has said she will seek the maximum sentence of life in prison with no release under extended supervision. Any potential federal action mentioned earlier in the investigation has not resulted in charges as reported.
