← NewsAll
Trump administration launches airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria
Summary
U.S. Central Command announced that the Department of War carried out large-scale airstrikes against multiple ISIS targets across Syria on Saturday; the statement said the strikes were conducted alongside partner forces and follow December strikes after a Dec. 13 attack that killed two U.S. service members and a civilian.
Content
U.S. Central Command announced Saturday that the Department of War carried out airstrikes against ISIS targets across Syria. CENTCOM said the strikes occurred at about 12:30 p.m. EST and were conducted alongside partner forces. The statement described the operation as large-scale and part of ongoing efforts to address threats to U.S. and partner forces. The announcement follows earlier strikes in December that CENTCOM linked to a prior attack that killed U.S. personnel.
Reported details:
- CENTCOM said it conducted "large-scale strikes against multiple ISIS targets across Syria" at about 12:30 p.m. EST alongside partner forces.
- The statement said the strikes were part of efforts to root out threats to U.S. and partner forces and to prevent future attacks.
- Secretary of War Pete Hegseth replied to CENTCOM's post on X, writing, "We will never forget, and never relent."
- The Saturday operation was described as the second U.S. strike in weeks; CENTCOM previously conducted strikes on Dec. 19 after a Dec. 13 attack that killed two U.S. service members and a civilian interpreter.
Summary:
The actions are presented by officials as a continuation of U.S. military operations against ISIS in Syria. Undetermined at this time.
