← NewsAll
12-Year-Old Boy Dies After Shark Attack in Sydney
Summary
A 12-year-old boy, Nico Antic, died on Jan. 24 after being bitten by a shark in Sydney Harbour on Jan. 18; he had been taken to Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick, in critical condition. His family has posted a memorial message and a GoFundMe has raised more than $250,000.
Content
A 12-year-old boy, identified as Nico Antic, died on Jan. 24 after a reported shark bite in Sydney Harbour on Jan. 18. NSW Police said the incident occurred along the Hermitage Foreshore Walk in Vaucluse and emergency services responded that afternoon. He was taken to Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick, in critical condition. His family has posted a memorial message online and thanked first responders.
Known details:
- The attack was reported on Jan. 18 at Hermitage Foreshore Walk in Vaucluse; police said the shark was believed to have been a bull shark and emergency responders attended at about 4:20 p.m.
- The boy was pulled from the water by a friend and was taken to Sydney Children's Hospital, Randwick, in critical condition.
- He died in hospital on Jan. 24, and his family described him as kind and generous in a memorial posting.
- A GoFundMe set up in his memory has raised over $250,000 toward a stated goal of $300,000.
Summary:
The boy's death follows the reported shark bite on Jan. 18 and his family has shared messages of grief while a memorial fund has drawn public support. Undetermined at this time.
