← NewsAll
Measles exposure reported among March for Life attendees in D.C.
Summary
D.C. Health said attendees of last month's March for Life may have been exposed to measles at several District locations between Jan. 21 and Feb. 2, and the agency is notifying people who were there.
Content
D.C. Health announced that people who attended last month's March for Life and other locations in the District may have been exposed to measles. Officials said multiple confirmed cases visited parts of the city while contagious during a span in late January and early February. The agency is notifying people who were at the affected locations.
Key facts:
- D.C. Health reported multiple confirmed measles cases whose carriers visited several locations in the District while contagious.
- The possible exposure window cited by officials spans late January into early February, including the date of the March for Life event.
- D.C. Health is informing people who were at those locations that they may have been exposed; broader follow-up actions were not detailed in the notice.
Summary:
The city health notice reports potential exposures tied to the March for Life and other District sites and says notifications are underway. The announcement comes amid a larger national increase in measles cases, and the next public procedural steps were undetermined at this time.
